Depending on your waist size and the belt selected your new band might be longer than you'd like. But don't worry- it's easy to trim to fit. Here's how:
- Unwrap the Velcro tail strap from your new belt and set aside (we'll use it later).
- Slide the two halves of the belt past one another to open.
- Try your belt on for size: Pull the strap through the buckle adjuster until it is comfortable length and (in the case of elastic belts) stiffness.
- For initial adjustment, it may be easier to try the belt on inside-out (with inside magnet and tail strap facing away from the wearer)- it's just easier to make big changes this way.
- Remove the belt and trim the end 6 to 8 inches from the buckle.
- Adding a second diagonal cut not only looks good but it makes threading the webbing through the buckle easier should you ever need to.
- Use a match or lighter to melt the cut ends and prevent fraying. If you need adult supervision, please be sure to ask for it.
- Lighter colors can collect soot from candles and matches, so a lighter is usually a better choice for those.
- Wrap that tail strap snugly around the loose end, scratchy side in. Take your time to line up the edges to minimize snagging.