Depending on your waist size and the belt selected your new band might be longer than you'd like. But don't worry- it's easy to trim to fit. Here's how:
- Unwrap the Velcro tail strap from your new belt and set aside (we'll use it later).
- Try your belt on for size: Pull the strap through the buckle adjuster until it is comfortable length and (in the case of elastic belts) stiffness.
- As they don't need as much adjusting as fixed bands, our elastic bands are intentionally snug- you may need to feed the belt through rather than just pulling.
- For easiest adjustment, the tail end of the band should sit at the outside of the belt.
- For infrequent adjustment and a cleaner look with elastic bands, the tail end of the band can sit inside of the belt.
- Remove the belt and trim the end 6 to 8 inches from the buckle. (Don't worry- we have more if you get carried away.)
- Adding a second diagonal cut not only looks good but it makes threading the webbing through the buckle easier should you need to.
- Use a match or lighter to melt the cut ends and prevent fraying. If you need adult supervision, please be sure to ask for it.
- Lighter colors can collect soot from candles and matches, so a lighter is usually a better choice for those.
- Wrap that tail strap snugly around the loose end, scratchy side in. Take your time to line up the edges to minimize snagging.
Change your mind on colors? Get carried away with the scissors? Put on a few pounds? Don't worry- we've got you covered.